Sunday, August 30, 2009

Megan & Cody's Birthday

This year we decided to have the family birthday party for Megan and Cody together on a week between their birthdays since they are so close, making it easier for family to travel for parties. Megan helped me pick a theme for their party and we came up with polka dots and stripes. Since Megan LOVES polka dots and Cody still doesn't really care as long as there is cake, the polka dots and stripes worked out perfect! I had a 2 tier cake made with the bottom layer being Megans (pink & brown polka dots) and the top layer being Cody's (brown and blue stripes). It was so cute!

They had a lot of fun and got so many nice birthday presents! Thank you to everyone, near and far, that help them celebrate their special days! Megan is going to have a sleep over with 1 or 2 of her friends this next weekend to finish off her birthday celebration! She's wanting to go to Build a Bear...we'll see!

Every year on the kids birthday they get to pick what they want their birthday dinner to be. I asked Cody what he would like and he said "Corndogs!". So I made homemade corndogs. They were delicious and Cody was happy! I'm not sure what Megan wants this year...but if I have to guess, she'll pick homemade eggrolls (as she has the last several years!).













1 comment:

  1. Looks like everyone had lots of fun! Wish I could have been there.

    ReplyDelete